Listed below are all of the important steps for applying to Tremont School. We strive to make the online application process as simple and transparent as possible for our prospective families. Parents should feel free to call or email us at any time with questions they might have.
Initial Online Inquiry
After the initial inquiry, parents can set up a time to tour the school and to learn more about our philosophy and community. Tours generally take about an hour.
Online Application for Admissions
The online application form should be completed as early as possible in the process. Applications for March 10 decisions are due February 1st. The online application provides an opportunity for parents to go into detail about their child’s personality, learning style, interests, strengths, and challenges. It also includes a link to a Release of Student Records permission form (.pdf format) which you must sign and deliver to your child’s current school so that we can obtain their student records.
During the online application process you will be asked to provide the names and e-mail addresses of your child’s English and Math teachers. The online application system will then send each teacher a link to a separate evaluation form, English and Math. You also have the option to submit a general recommendation providing more information from another adult who might know your child well (a coach, music teacher, guidance counselor, etc.). Please note that this recommendation is completely optional.
For financial aid candidates only: Please submit the application for admissions even if you have not yet completed all requirements for the financial aid process. It is important for us to get your application as early as possible.
Once we have received your completed application, someone from the admissions office will contact you to set up a time for the prospective student to visit the school and spend some time in the classroom.
- Fill out our online application by clicking here
- Schedule a private tour or attend a Tremont School Open House.
- Give signed release form to current school authorizing copies of school records for the Tremont School.
- Check that your child’s English and Math teachers have received the request and link for their evaluation (and the optional recommendation, if applicable).
- Optional: Arrange for ISEE/SSAT scores to be sent to the Tremont School.
- Financial Aid Candidates only: Research financial aid, complete a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) online. Arrange for financial forms to be submitted to SSS.
- Schedule student visit
- Schedule parent interview with admissions staff (this may be at the time of the school tour or another time)
- Admission decisions are sent on March 10; late applications are considered as space allows.